Views from a paintball cynic

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Tyger's Den Field OPEN!

For release on 4-1-06
---
It's been a hellatious last 9 months to get this together, headaches and trials aside, but I think it's WELL worth it.

As of April 1, 2006, "Tyger's Den Paintball Field" is open for buisness! http://www.tyger.us/tygersdenfield/ is the temporary field web page (we hit a snag on our preferred domain name, we'll have it fixed by Monday. I hope) that I threw together real quick. We'll have the flash and interactive site up soon.

Opening weekend is TODAY. I know, "Where's the hype?" My backers wanted to keep this quiet for fear of being trumped by fields in the area or being copied. And it's worked, we're gonna blindside everyone and blow everything out of the water. We're the first in the nation to offer the ammenities that we can.

So what do we offer? Among other things, a full MOUT style site, wired fields, a full Castle field, and a hotel ON SITE! We built the whole place from the ground up with "weekenders" in mind. We also have SIX woods fields, Three of them are themed for scenario play! The field is based in Gurnee, IL. It's minutes away from Great America and Gurnee Mills mall, and about 90 minutes from Chicago AND Milwaukee.

As a way to entice you to come down and play THIS weekend, we're running the "Opening weekend" special. $100 for 2 days, 1 night hotel stay, field fee, and a case of paint. Add $50 per person for another case / field fee, max 4 occupancy in the hotel room. Additional paint will be $30 a case, your choice of Draxxus or Evil. Or BYOP, we are a BYOP facility. Directions and contact info on the website.

Oh, and bring a printout of this thread, and you can recieve either free 1-day admission, OR a free case of paint!

But check out the website for photos of the fields. I guarantee you that you've NEVER played a field like these before!

http://www.tyger.us/tygersdenfield/

I gotta get some sleep, tomorrow's gonna be a long, but good day. (Sorry to throw this in the Lounge, I didn't want it to get lost in the regional)

-Tyger

3 Comments:

  • lol I actually fell for it, untill I went to check out the prices, and the "gotchya" page showed up...then everything clicked..lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:24:00 AM  

  • Man you got me good. I just emailed the link to a bunch of my friends too.I was really pumped up to find such a great field so close.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:59:00 PM  

  • Oi, Rob, Been a few long...long months since we've last spoken. I was reading your blogs and must say,"bravo". Taking a stand for the sport as a whole, as you've done for so long now. And making valid points in doing so. As I may be starting my own site soon...something free like tripod ::gags:: I was wondering if you would consider allowing me to add some quotes or comments from you and/or your published works.

    Oh right and My name is Alex...or Squirrel as most ppl know me.

    Anyway I hope to have the pleasure of playing alongside, or even against you again at a scenario or big game this year.

    As always, huge fan of the WDR. OhIve just finished watching the FPS series, and must say I've thuroughly enjoyed it. You've become quite talented in the ways of action filmogrophy.

    Bah, off to work.

    Keep it safe, Keep it real, and most importantly, Keep it fun, in closing, Paintball for life, or untill Im too old and decrepid too hold a marker.

    I can be reached at squirrelcage_00@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, April 17, 2006 8:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home