Views from a paintball cynic

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Future home of a cynic

I believe that cynicisim is not something you're born into. It's something you turn into.

From Brainy Dictionary :

"One of a sect or school of philosophers founded by Antisthenes, and of whom Diogenes was a disciple. The first Cynics were noted for austere lives and their scorn for social customs and current philosophical opinions. Hence the term Cynic symbolized, in the popular judgment, moroseness, and contempt for the views of others. "

Diogenes often would wander the streets in broad daylight with a lantern, looking for an honest man. And in paintball, I would often times feel like Diogenes. Except that I don't live in a wine cask and I wouldn't consider myself a dog.

So what can you expect from this blog? Views from someone who's been burned by the best, ripped off by the worst, and tired of towing the party line when it comes to dealing with these people. Paintball has problems, and instead of dealing with them the entire industry would rather pretend they didn't exist at best, or cash in on them at worst.

This is simply unacceptable.

Am I a "Shining light" fighting for justice? No. I'm just a player who's fed up with dealing with the fallout. The world is a stage, and this is my monologue. Updates will TRY to be weekly, but no promises. If I've configured it right anyone can reply with or without a blogspot account. And the ads are there to try and offset costs of my normal websites.

As for who I am, your best bet is to go to my normal websites. http://www.tyger.us and http://www.webdogradio.us. That'll give you an idea where I come from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home